Wednesday, January 2, 2013

new year's RESOLUTIONS





Its kinda funny to me how many people are so against the idea of a 'new years resolution'. It seems like the fashionable thing to say is "if you want change, why wait til a new year?" The problem with that logic is that MOST people dont make the effort to initiate change on just any ole day. 

Most of us need a milestone in order to initiate and track a change in behavior. The beginning of a new year, a new month, a passing birthday- these are all good places to reflect and make changes in your life. Dates such as these, serve as great starting points so that progress can be measured as you are getting closer to your goals. Why scoff at the idea of making a new years resolution for 2013? BE the change that you want to see in 2013!

Personally I have a tradition of brainstorming several ideas for resolutions. Then I narrow the list down to about 10 major resolutions for the year. In honor of the year and because I love the number in general -- this year I am making a list of THIRTEEN resolutions. My 'lucky 13' for 2013. 

Now here is the funny part. Because I am such a procrastinator and perfectionist- this list probably wont be ready until Friday. LOL. Oh well...  And no, my procrastination is not bad enough for me to add it to my resolution list (i knew you were thinking that)(hmph!)




1 comment: