Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I caught a GLIMPSE of him




A few nights ago, in the spirit of doing 'new things, in the new year' i threw caution to the wind. I met up with a fella i had been communicating with online. It was pretty spontaneous. Which means, it was pretty much, not my style *smile*. I had just worked out (and showered at the gym... YUCK) and finished a quick run to the market. He offered a few options, but I opted to meet in a parking lot of a restaurant.

The conversation was layered and varied. He was handsome and well spoken. I am not saying that i was struck by cupid, but I am saying .. I caught a GLIMPSE of him.

Its good to know that the DREAM is out there. That he still walks.. talks.. and sometimes buys you a cherry Freeze while he is picking up a combo at Krystals. (I know, ... Krystals,.... ewww, right? I thought the same thing;)

Make no mistake, I am not saying he was my dream man. I am not saying he was the IDEAL. Cause if i was saying that, this post would conclude with directions to our sunset wedding in Connecticut. So no, i aint saying he all dat. But what I AM saying is that--- he gave me what I needed at the beginning of twenty-twelve... He gave me a glimmer of the hope, just enough to let me know.. the IDEAL... DOES... EXIST ;)


2 comments:

  1. Kudos for stepping outside your comfort zone. That might just reward you this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, thats the guiding thought--- i left the comfort zone back in 2011...lol.. ;)

      Delete