Thursday, November 19, 2009

The way we MET...


Working out ...

Listening to music to hasten the clock... I did the nautilus chest press, and he took to the free weight bench press directly in front of me. I barely noticed the way his grey sweats hung off his waist and the way his tank showed off his torso. Per usual, I dismissed the notion of eye contact and maintained my gaze towards to rubber mat flooring. A couple of reps later... The testosterone in me couldn't help but notice... Holy sh**, dude was weak! Struggling with a 45 on each end of the bar. I laughed to myself and instantly added to THE RULE BOOK.

note to self -Rule# 417, never date a dude who cant lift as much as you.

i spend a few more seconds enjoying my private joke, and i am back to business...

On my last set... I noticed dude had doubled the weight on the bar. Okay... now he has my attention.

Crap!

One glance and I am caught. He peeps me watching his bench, smirks and nods. I quickly return my attentions to the floor. By the time I look back up to make sure the coast is clear... he is struggling with the weight. I look around and no one else is aware.

Crap... (*again).

I get up and quickly walk behind the bench and pull the weight off of him. He looks up at me, smiles and says.... ummm....something? (*I still had my ipod on). I assume he said the obligatory 'thanks' and proceed back to my machine. Before I can take a second step... HE is standing up in front of me, blocking my path. This is the first time I truly see him. He is beautiful. He is taller than me, maybe 6'1, his is dark brown skinned. Not just brown.. But the color of warm chocolate - FLAWLESS. I am suddenly aware of his cologne. He smiles and his face comes into focus .. inviting... and his teeth are straight, white and enveloped by his perfectly shaped lips.


------
He would later tell me... he faked the whole thing with the weights... *yea, right* He follows me threw my front door, and tosses his gym bag next to mine. I sit on my couch, close my eyes, and throw my head back. He sits next to me and lays his head in my lap,... again, his scent peaks my awareness. i laugh to myself, thinking about him struggling on that bench press so long ago...

just then, he tilts his head up...'what you smiling about?'


No comments:

Post a Comment