Monday, July 26, 2010

the WIFEY report card...


So I had the fortunate opportunity to attend a COMMITMENT CEREMONY yesterday. Beautiful. It was truly inspiring to be in the presence of such love and support. Not only between the GROOMS, but also between the family and friends that attended the ceremony. I snapped a couple of photos of the nuptials, but i didnt want to post anything without the couple's permission.

But knowing me, my mind wandered a bit at the event. And i thought to myself, 'would i make a good hubby?' I mean, really... how would i measure up?

So, being creative as i am, i devised a WIFEY report card.


Phys Ed (How well do you maintain your physical presence) A-
When it comes to physical maintenance, I am always going to score high marks. Not because of my man, but because I am always prepared to leave him! *wink* Presentation (including working out, how your dress, confidence, etc.. ) is for SELF, and should never fall far on the priority list.

Home Economics (How well do you maintain the household) C+
Lets be real.... I am NEVER going to cook. Sorry.. that has NEVER been a talent of mine. However, when is comes to cleaning, organizing, and decorating the home.. I excel. I am the KING of HGTV.. I have built closet organizers... painted accent designs on walls... I am ON POINT regarding household maintenance. However, with cooking being approximately 50% of the grade, I will settle for the C+ *sigh*

Accounting/Finance (How well do you maintain the finances) B+
This SHOULD be easy 'A'. I keep a very tight ship when it comes to the finances. I have always been very good with maintaining the books. With me at the steering wheel, i can make sure the family's financial standing is heading in the right direction. Bank accounts, equity investments, real estate holdings... I GOT THAT. And dont sleep on my hustle skills... in a pinch, I can flip a stack with more creative investments. When it comes to money, i pretty much demand to be the captain of the ship. *Sweetie, you just sit in the passenger seat-- and ride. So, why not an 'A++'?? I am factoring in 'financial contribution'. My income is not where I want it to be.. so, i loose a couple of points for that :(


Language Arts (How well do you communicate) B
I consider a very STRONG communicator. I try to be a good listener, and i make sure to communicate my feeling and needs. I know I can be a lil withholding, and i will never be an open book- i have too many walls in place. But as trust is established, I am more accessible. PLUS i should get extra credit for writing my partner love letters and poems ;) I am a sucker for romance....

Sex Ed (How well do you maintain the bedroom) A
Creativity is key. Not to toot my own horn.. but i do have more that one costume in the closet (ie football uniform, ups delivery man, and an old wrestling uniform from high school- to name a few) The 'A' is because i am open minded and determined to keep it interesting in the bedroom. Sorry, I really CANNOT think of anything negative on this subject. The only reason I didnt put down an 'A+', is because i dont wanna come off too cocky. But seriously, I AM ONE OF THE BADEST IN THE GAME.

*Looks like I made HONOR ROLL, yet again... i have always been a gifted student *wink*

3 comments:

  1. This was really good and props for being honest with yourself, not everyone can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I've never thought of doing something like this. I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go for it... at the least it forces you to really evaluate yourself... and if you're like me, you might even get a chuckle or two..... or three :)

    ReplyDelete