Thursday, July 1, 2010

Whoooo Saahhhhhhh





Ahhhhh.... I heart new beginnings. I always take note of a new year, a new MONTH, a new day. There is something so hopeful about a clean slate. This month I am planning on picking up a new habit. In addition to reconciling my 'on again/off again' relationship with LA Fitness, i am planning on flexing more mental and spiritual muscles.

This month I am focusing my efforts on developing new habits. I know that once you have practiced behaviors for 30 days, muscle memory takes hold - and that behavior becomes a HABIT. So this month I will be picking up some new habits, one day at a time.

My main objective will be to MEDITATE.

Sounds a lil corny and first blush, but meditation comes along with both physical and mental benefits. I know it would be a great addition to my regular activities. And in my current employment situation *groan*, I need a firm grasp on any stress relief technique that i can get my hands on ;)

For my purposes, mediation will not be limited to just sitting indian style, humming. I mean, that will be a part of the process- but thats not all. Meditation, for me, will involve prayer... writing out my goals (as if i had already achieved them)... purposeful visualizing ...etc.

So there it is... my objective for the 7th month of the year--

Start the montage music.. and lets see where this goes....

2 comments:

  1. I think I will join you...LOVE THE PIC BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great quest! once I get my head out of my toosh I too plan to focus on something productive. Question, how much time will you set aside to meditate? I read once that increasing the minutes of meditation each day is a great way to really get in tune..... let me know how this goes.

    ReplyDelete