Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dumped... again...




So I recently asked my EX if he wanted to get back together. DENIED. Ouch, right? Well it wasn’t that bad. He was the fella that initiated the breakup… so his eventual response was not a huge surprise.

Don’t get me wrong.. I am not desperately in love. I do love him- but we have been out of a relationship for a while. I think what I really wanted from asking – was CLOSURE. Not to boast or anything (ummm, but this IS my blog).. but I get approached all the time. I don’t claim to be phine… or special… I am just in ATLANTA! **Nuff said** But I felt like my chapter with ‘Rome’ had not come to an end. Ever feel like you are stuck reading the same paragraph over and over again in a book? Oh well… yesterday Rome finally forced me to turn the page. He told me that he loved me, but that he would not be able to give me what I wanted -- house… kids…matching motorcycles…-- and I agreed. We have loved each other for years, but we have been aware of our different paths for years too.

At this point, I feel a little lighter. Its easier to move forward when less baggage is holding you back (notice the ‘less’…indicates there is still some there).

Oh, and just because I am more emotionally available doesn’t mean tat I am trying to date. Nah, .. still just working on me. Trust me… it’s a real PROJECT *wink*

1 comment:

  1. I've been there. I've never broken up with a dude I was dating without forcing him to say "we are done". I have to have that closure so that I can move on. But can you believe that my ex and I broke up 7.5 years ago and have never had that closure?

    ReplyDelete