Tuesday, July 7, 2009

the 7eventh...




So its the seventh... the one day in the month that is always dedicated to ME. Everyone should make sure to take out some time for themselves occasionally. I try to do it on the regular, but with my schedule- it can be difficult at times. Terrible excuse. But, with that said, I make sure to pick out a pocket of time for Twisted (myself) every SEVENTH of the month.

Why the seventh? well for me - that is the easiest day for me to remember. Seven is my favorite number, since I saw it that faithful day on Sesame Street. Ernie picked up his rubber ducky from the tub and squeezed it seven times... and I knew (even as a baby) that '7' was meant for me. [SIDENOTE: I think that is when i realized liked boys, too]

Seven is the number of 'perfection and completion' and its the day on which I was born. And besides all that deep biblical stuff.. its my fav! *wink* LOL. Did I mention that I am corny? No? Oh, we'll get to that on a later post.

---

So on this seventh, my focus is on GRATITUDE. Lately I have been slightly down about my current state of affairs. Mad about my job, pissed about my lack of funds, ... body image issues-- you know, that typical gay sh**. So today, I decided to take a step back and appreciate ME. Appreciate all that I am and all that I have. The family... the friends... the steady paycheck. When you appreciate the little things, your subconscious reveals even more beneath the surface to be grateful for...For instance, I am grateful for the paycheck, but I am even more grateful for my ability to recognize that it is JUST a paycheck.. and not the last step in my BRILLIANT career. Yea sometimes my friends can make me upset, but I am glad to have people in my life that I am emotionally impacted by.

So from the angel with the Twisted wing... be thankful.

**This message was brought to you by the letter 'L' and the number '7' ** (love u, Ernie)

No comments:

Post a Comment