Monday, July 18, 2011

A swing and a miss...






So i dated this dude a while back. At the time, I was young and up-n-coming and he was already well established brand. The relationship was atypical from the start.

Even though i consider our relationship to be one of my most valuable learning experiences, it wasnt all unicorns and rainbows. The man in question, we'll call him Trevor, was often controlling. I didnt mind him in the position of ALPHA male in our relationship (which is a small pun cause he was a QUE). I trusted his discussion making capabilities and i believe there needs to be a captain on every ship in order to ensure the destination is reached successfully. SIDENOTE: I tend to wear the captain's hat in most of my relationships, but hell.. i was a youngin then.

But alas, Trevor ended up breaking my heart.

Even with the heart-wrenching ending to our story, i often wonder -- was he my first/last chance. Was he my one chance at the whole 'picket fences' thing. He was truly the dude i envisioned bringing home for Thankgiving, raising adopted kids with, racing matching Range Rovers against, cuddling up next to after a long day of running our respective empires, and all with cute lil dog named Gonzo (#muppetbabylove). But, for reasons too murky to recall, we never reached the full potiential i knew we possessed.

A swing and a miss..

.... I just hope it wasnt my last chance at bat



1 comment: