Thursday, February 18, 2010

The BIRTH of SEDUCTION...




I tend to keep pretty boys around me and I used to think it was because I was just a glutton for punishment. But a few nights ago, my friend told me that I was 'SEDUCTION'- realized. Well, it wasnt based in an observance of me, it was based on my birthday. My friend was reading a book that could profile you, based on the day you were born. Nonetheless, according to my date of birth, I am the 'seducer' of the crew. Of course I immediate shrugged off the idea. But the book went into further detail. My powers of seduction lies in my charisma (yea...i can buy that). It has a sexual element, but most of it isnt sexual in nature at all. Its about how i draw attention, how my personality can enchant... and yea, there is a lil 'sexy' in there.

The more my friend read to me, the more it started to sound like me. Like a old-school polaroid developing in my hand (i love dating myself, gooooo 80's) -- he went on...

"you are emotional, sensitive"
"you are ahead of your time.. often a trend-setter" (hmm.. i did like that last Gaga outfit at the grammys)
"your seductive powers are often suppressed in humor, body language, other non-verbal signs"

Other items mentioned on that page were way off, but the whole conversation left me in deep thought. Me... a seducer? Have my been fooling myself this whole time? Am I not the token "smart, funny" boy of the crew? You know, the SAILOR MERCURY of the gang. Could I possibly be (a very unique version of) a pretty boy?

Outside looking in, i could see how others could make that mistake in passing. I mean, I dont think I am ugly. I honestly dont think anyone is ugly, but i have come across some UGLY personalities. But back to me, cause...lets face it, this my rant... Outside looking in, i have a confidence in my personal style, if nothing else. Yea, i workout and drink muscle milk, so the body is rather decent. The skin is clear (most of the time) and the teeth are white (all the time:)

But with that said... i know clothing designers because of my interest in the creative arts -- but i will buy a rare comic before a pair of shoes. I prefer imported anime over the latest blockbuster horror flick. And lets not even talk about grooming! I mean, yea, I 'MANSCAPE' regularly, but the regime that my boys keep... i dont know where they find the time to do all that- and keep full time jobs. *sheesh*

Either way, I just figure I have layers. Yea, i guess deep,deep, deeeeeeep down, there is a 'pretty boy' in there. But for now, he is content beneath the Burt & Ernie Tee and my clark kent glasses.

But we all know what can happen, should i ever feel like dramatically ripping off my shirt.
ANSWER: my friends would put me thru an EMERGENCY training on chest waxing :(



1 comment:

  1. Hey there,

    I have to say I have been checking out your blog for a little while now (and i have to admit I have been out of the loop for a little while now - my bad), but I have to say that I am really moved by this entry. What I am reading is that you get your humanity . . . period. Often times we fight so hard against what we are not and desire to be that we forget the precious and often priceless value of where we are. You brought me back to this space in this post. Thank you.

    AJ

    ReplyDelete