Friday, October 2, 2009

the BOOKMARK...


PROLOGUE


Where are you in your life’s story? Have you just begun? Already several pages past your story’s climax? Just a paragraph from meeting your romantic lead?

I sometimes think of my life as a novel. I imagine what it would be like to read my tale. Objectively, would I route for the main character? Would I feel sorry for him during his times of pain? Would I laugh at his awkward jokes?

More than that, I wonder about what patterns would I see in the main character’s behavior. Will he always be the doormat for his friends? Always fall for the wrong guy? Is he doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over and over again? OR will he LEARN from his follies and embark of new adventures of discovery and development. You know what I am talking about… that part in the story where HE is beaten down and you assume he is down for the count. But somewhere in the distance, the theme music has a reprise, HIS eyes lift from the ground and he stumbles forward. Tattered, broken, …. But still moving… FORWARD.

(turn the page)

1 comment: