Friday, September 6, 2013

tic TOC tic... 4TH Quarter COUNTDOWN




Wow, this year has completely flown by. Sheesh!!

Okay, we have come to the FOURTH QUARTER.. and like any good basketball game.. here is where it gets interesting.


Being a sports fan.. I know that ANY game can go through a 'dramatic turn' in the last quarter. The underdog can overcome the odds, and become VICTORIOUS. I believe the same kind of 'upset' can take place in our year (heck.. our lives!).


So, in keeping with the whole bball game analogy: My team is losing. And losing bad. I need to regroup and comeback hard in this last quarter to salvage the game.. and put up a win. Here is where all the theory must become practical, and all the practicing and training ... pays off. (right? RIGHT!)


Right now, I am in the process of breaking down some aspects of the game, thus far. 'Reviewing the tapes', if you will. Looking back at this year, I can see where I have made some wrong decisions. Thats the easy part... the hard part is coming up with how to fix the problems. The hard part is admitting that the initial strategy was a failure. The hard part is taking good a look at the competition, factoring-in the remaining time, assessing the players left on the court.. and ADAPTING. 


In a nutshell.. the -ish you thought was gonna work.. hasn't. So now what??


I wish I had some catchy-sounding 'resolve' that I could place at the conclusion of this post.. to let you know there is a happy ending in sight. But the truth is... I DONT. 


As I write this, I am still figuring it all out. Trying to patch up the holes in my 'defense' and mount up an offensive attack on the competition (see what I did there... hehe :) 


Well it doesnt look like the refs are gonna be kind enough to stop the clock.. so I better get back out there. Its fine.. I do some of my best thinking while under pressure. 






#shrug.. Either way, I'd rather be on the court and playing in the game, than anywhere else. 



Remember: "Pressure make DIAMONDS" 

Goooooooo Team !




No comments:

Post a Comment