Wednesday, February 22, 2012

MidPOINT check-in


It is just a bit past the halfway mark on my '2 month workout/improvement plan.'

Just to recap: A friend is away for two months on a military assignment. I am attempting to use his return as a finishline for some self improvement goals. He is gonna come back all shiny and new, --- so why cant i have my 'shine' on? ;)

I must say, the time had flown by. Unfortunately, i dont feel i have been productive as i could have been in the last month. My workout hasnt fallen off, but it hasnt picked up either. #GROAN. Basically, i have simply been consistent. I am not discounting what i have done, but I KNOW, i can do better. So..... I WILL.

The plan going forward is to kick it into HIGH gear. I know i can increase my intensity for a month- and see some gains. Last night i visited bodybuilding.com to look at workout routine options. I am planning on doing a 4 day split. I will give this a shot, and see how it feels. I am also planning to hit a vitamin shoppe, and check if there is anything on the market i should be trying. I am not a gym rat, but i dont see the harm in knowing what workout supplements are available. I am already on a protein shake that I like, but i wanna know what else could be beneficial.

Another part of that '2 month plan' was in make improvements to myself in general. I have made some gains there, but there is still a lot i feel like i could be doing. But i gotta be honest, my plan to budget .. str8 FAILED! Between ebay, groupon, Alvin Ailey tickets, and just my usual shenanigans-- my so-called 'budget' was non-existent. I know, i know.. i am already beating myself up about it as the credit card bills roll in. Dont get the wrong impression, I dont OVERSPEND (a bruh aint crazy ;), but the point was to 'underspend' in an effort build up the reserve #daddy needs a new condo;)

Now, I am about to get these motorcycle lessons on groupon, then thats it, i am putting the platinum card away... Atleast until macy's one day sale. #hey,atleastiamhonest.

...and yes, your read correctly...PLATINUM... LOL *its funny, cause its true*

On a positive note, my friend and i have exchanged several handwritten letters since he has been gone. Its kinda wild. Who the heck handwrites a letter these days??! UMmm.. seriously. For me, its been years.

Well that is where i stand now. I hope to have some bigger and better news at the end of the 2 months. Fingers-crossed.

4 comments:

  1. well i know you can do it if u know you can do it. NOW PUT UR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND LETS GET IT DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a novice on work out routines. I know the feeling of doing all the physical work... then the progress gets stagnant. I have recently read that instead of spending time on cardio, you should have less rest between your super sets. Imagine working out almost 45 minutes straight with short breaks. I'll hit u up after I discover more.
    But... so many people have told me it's about the diet. I doubt you eat Big Macs and that mess, so don't take the mention of diet as any offense.
    So, try oatmeal, greek yogurt, quinoa, broccoli. All the super foods.
    And I might be silly, or it might be psychosomatic, but I swear grits give me hella energy in the gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... great info Mecha.. And yea, i am all about oatmeal and greek yogurt. I have more trouble eating well, when it involves actually COOKING... #groan

      Delete