Thursday, May 13, 2010

like CLOCKWORK...





Regardless, of I being ready or not, time keeps ticking.. and here comes another birthday. Its not that I am not excited, or grateful to add another candle to the cake- but I just feel like.. d@mn, where did the time go?!

And just like some sappy Lifetime movie, I come across an old album of pictures from earlier days. Mostly these pictures were of myself and friends in high school. Smiling, acting goofy, running around parking lots and posing in front of cars (str8 ghetto) -- but what was coming across in every picture was immense JOY. The joy of youth, the joy of life, the joy anticipation for the future. You will never realize how beautiful and powerful you are, until you are looking at yourself thru photos of years past.

tic toc tic toc..

I digress, with my birthday less than 30 days away, I am forced to take inventory once again. Yea, there are a few columns missing check marks. I am still single, still working a job I can barely stand, still at battle with my financial statement, still not a millionaire (yes, thats on the list;)

However, I have made a couple of right decisions along the way. I am still working out and improving my diet, still building on my relationship with family, i brought a new roof to lay my head under.... All in all, the last year of life hasn't been a total bust.

Toc Tic Toc Tic....

Now here I stand, approaching this milestone in life. The big 30 is knocking at my door, and come next year, I wont be able to just shut off the lights and pretend that no one is home. That mofo is coming in, rather I like it or not. So I guess i have this next year to get the place ready. I have a year to skydive, get financially sound, progress professionally, to get a dog, to get that other tattoo i've been craving, to visit the UK, and to make my million(s).

Tic Tic Tic Tic...

I've always said 'i perform better under pressure'- guess we'll see

buzzzz

*deep breath*... here we go....

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete