Wednesday, December 16, 2009

hiding in PLAIN sight...



In the not too distant past, i stood on a Midtown street and wondered - "How could Michael be standing directly in front of me, and still not SEE me?"

I am often asked, 'why am i still single?' The answer is, I am rarely allowed the opportunity to meet people. I don't mean the physical meeting, i mean.. really MEET someone. To really get to know someone and allow them the chance to get to know me. Before I am given the chance to INTRODUCE MYSELF, people have already limited me to a preconceived notion. Where I come from... What my intentions are... What I am thinking...

Because of the way I speak (or write).. the way I dress... the music I listen to... the books or publications that I read... Instead of taking the time to engage me in conversation, i am quickly categorized. Reduced to the most convenient label at the moment.

Because THEY never take the time to listen, here are a couple of things that THEY will never hear... (just a lil peek into the REAL me)
*i am an a$$ and leg man
*i still believe in magic
*i have a love/hate thing going on with M&Ms
*i feel connected to the full moon
*i know the soundtrack to SCHOOLDAZE by heart
*i once made an ex boyfriend wear a shirt that read 'kryptonite', because i was powerless against him

...and apparently, I am shamelessly CORNY :)

2 comments: